Rio Valley Charter School is a free public charter school that offers personalized homeschooling (support is offered in San Joaquin and the adjacent counties) and independent study (resource centers are offered in Lodi, Elk Grove, and Sacramento). Whether you enroll in our homeschool or independent study programs we provide students and families with the resources they need for their different learning styles.
- Non-Profit Independent Charter School
- TK—12th Grades
- Homeschool Support & Independent Study
- Resource Centers & Community-Based
- Accredited by Western Association of Schools & Colleges
I learned what I needed in ways that worked for me.
Rio Valley Charter School Programs
Rio Valley Charter School offers a tuition-free homeschool or independent study personalized learning model for students in grades TK—12. Our program allows parents and students to select their curriculum and access a wide variety of free educational resources and materials.
Homeschooling that provides the freedom to explore.
Independent student that empowers students with academic choices.
Find information about academic resources and more.
Read the accountability documents for our school.
Take the first step towards your personalized education today and submit an application.
Rio Valley is a W.A.S.C. Accredited program of California Pacific Charter School and Community Collaborative Charter School. WASC Accreditation is a statement to the broader community and stakeholders that it is a trustworthy institution for student learning and committed to ongoing improvement.
Fall School Site Council Meeting will be held on September 22, 2023 – 12:00-1:00 PM at RVCS Elk Grove.
School Starts August 14th! We can’t wait to welcome all of our students back on Monday, August 14! All of us at PCI hope you and your families used the time away from academics to gain new experiences that will inform your individual learning styles and goals...
We are pleased to announce our corporate offices have moved. We are now located at 2241 Harvard Street, Suite 310, Sacramento, CA 95815, just down the road from our previous location.
By Paul Keefer The pandemic taught us many things, particularly in the world of education. Many families realized that the structure of a classroom was essential for their child’s learning — and that without access to that structure, kids struggled both academically...
No one will argue against the fact that the pandemic changed our children's lives in ways we possibly cannot begin to imagine. Most recently, California's K12 public school state test scores reflected a general learning loss across the state. No one should be shocked,...
Registrar: Theresa Myers
Phone: 866-992-9033 x 3051
- El Dorado Charter SELPA
- School Site Council Information
- 2022 LCFF Budget Overview for Parents – Rio Valley Charter School
- 2022 Local Control and Accountability Plan – Rio Valley Charter School
- ESSER III Plan – RVCS
- ESSER III Plan – RVCS Español
- ESSER III Plan – RVCS Russian
- 2021 Local Control and Accountability Plan Rio Valley Charter School
- 2021 Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant Plan Rio Valley Charter School
- 2020 School Accountability Report Card (CDE) Rio Valley Charter School (2021/01/28)
- 2020-21 Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan Rio Valley Charter School
- COVID Report Rio Valley Charter June 2020
- 2020 LCFF Budget Overview for Parents Rio Valley Charter School
- 2019 Rio Valley Charter School Local Control and Accountability Plan and Annual Update
- 2019 School Accountability Report Card (CDE) Rio Valley Charter School