The Pacific Charter Institute is led by a Board of Directors with extensive careers as educators and educational thought leaders. This diverse group works alongside our executive director, Dr. Paul Keefer, to create innovative and adaptive policies that bolster our mission. Our governing body’s unique experience and insight set PCI apart from traditional school boards and school districts in Northern California.
I love that I get to spend more time with my kids, and they have the opportunity to freely explore their interests while receiving a great education.
Upcoming Board Meetings
PCI Board Meetings begin at 9:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted on the agenda. For information on upcoming board meetings or recently held meetings visit our Diligent Community Portal. You can also find our upcoming board meeting dates listed below for your convenience.
- September 14, 2023
- December 14, 2023
- March 14, 2024
- June 13, 2024
- June 17, 2024
Board Meeting Agendas – 2022
Have questions or want to learn more about PCI?
Greetings from the PCI Instructional Coaching Team! We invite VVCP Parent Educators to join us online Tuesdays in October from 1:00-1:30pm.
By Paul Keefer The pandemic taught us many things, particularly in the world of education. Many families realized that the structure of a classroom was essential for their child’s learning — and that without access to that structure, kids struggled both academically...
How New Pacific School Defines Student SuccessWe recently asked New Pacific School’s Roseville Principal, Eric Garber, “How can a parent know if they have chosen the best educational setting for their child?” Staying true to New Pacific School’s child-centered...
- University of California, Davis (BS, CPA)
- President, Brennan Properties
- President, BTV Management
- Audit Manager, Deloitte
Alpana S. Carey
- Dean, General Education, Delta Charter High School.
- Science Teacher, Aspire Public Schools
- Lead Teacher, Stallworth Charter School
- Masters in School Administration, CSU Stanislaus
Rex Fortune, Ph.D.
- A & T State University in North Carolina (BS)
- University of California, Berkeley (MA)
- Stanford University (EdD)
- Founding Board member, Pacific Charter Institute
- Founder, Project Pipeline Teacher Credential now called Fortune School of Education Program (Now Fortune School of Education)
- Superintendent, Center Unified School District
- Superintendent, Inglewood Unified School District
- Deputy Superintendent, State Board of Education of California
Jarrett S. Orborne-Revis
- Santa Clara University School of Law (JD)
- Monmouth University (MBA, BA)
- Senior Counsel, Buchalter, APC
- Associate Attorney, LeClairRyan, LLP
- Associate Attorney, Spinelli, Donald & Nott
- Director of Fiscal Services, Covina-Valley Unified School District
- Supervisory Committee, San Gabriel Credit Union
- Board Member, Credit Union of Southern California
- Vice Chairperson, Heritage Park Community – Rules and Regulations Advisory Committee
- Retiree Representative, California Association of School Business Officials
- Brandman University CTE Teaching Credential- Health and Medical Technology
- California State University- Sacramento (BA)
- Sacramento City College
- Senior Director, Earn and Learn, Workforce Development, Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Project Director, CAI Apprenticeship Support Network
- Senior Specialist, Workforce Development Services
- CTE Educator, Sacramento County Office of Education
- President and CEO, MD Medical & Mobility Products, Inc.
- Manager, William R. Dugdale M.D. Inc.
Jean-Paul Prentice, Ph. D., CCE, LEED AP
- State University of New York (BS)
- University of Southern Colorado (MBA)
- Lead Accredited Professional, US Green Building Council
- Project Manager
- Active Member, Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering
- PCI Parent (Three students at Sutter Peak Charter Academy)