The Pacific Charter Institute is led by a Board of Directors with extensive careers as educators and educational thought leaders. This diverse group works alongside our executive director, Dr. Paul Keefer, to create innovative and adaptive policies that bolster our mission. Our governing body’s unique experience and insight set PCI apart from traditional school boards and school districts in Northern California.
I love that I get to spend more time with my kids, and they have the opportunity to freely explore their interests while receiving a great education.
Upcoming Board Meetings
For information on upcoming board meetings or recently held meetings visit our Diligent Community Portal. You can also find our upcoming board meeting dates listed below for your convenience.
- September 16, 2022 (Special Meeting)
- September 8, 2022
- August 10, 2022 (Special Meeting)
- December 8, 2022
- March 9, 2023
- June 8, 2023
- June 12, 2023
Board Meeting Agendas – 2022
Have questions or want to learn more about PCI?
A Win For School ChoiceVirtual Information Meetings and Interest Lists for Fall 2023 TK-5th Grade Enrollment Happening Now. In a win for school choice, the Folsom Cordova Unified School District (FCUSD) School Board approved New Pacific School – Rancho Cordova charter...
School Starts August, 15th!We can’t wait to welcome our independent study and homeschool students back on Monday, August 15! All of us at PCI hope you and your families used the time away from academics to gain new experiences that will inform your individual learning...
- University of California, Davis (BS, CPA)
- President, Brennan Properties
- President, BTV Management
- Audit Manager, Deloitte
Alpana S. Carey
- Dean, General Education, Delta Charter High School.
- Science Teacher, Aspire Public Schools
- Lead Teacher, Stallworth Charter School
- Masters in School Administration, CSU Stanislaus
Rex Fortune, Ph.D.
- A & T State University in North Carolina (BS)
- University of California, Berkeley (MA)
- Stanford University (EdD)
- Founding Board member, Pacific Charter Institute
- Founder, Project Pipeline Teacher Credential now called Fortune School of Education Program (Now Fortune School of Education)
- Superintendent, Center Unified School District
- Superintendent, Inglewood Unified School District
- Deputy Superintendent, State Board of Education of California
Martha Melendez Quadros
- English Learner Program Manger, San Juan Unified School District
- Parent Coordinator, San Juan Unified School District
- Founding Principal/Director, Language Academy of Sacramento Dual Language Immersion Charter School
- Vice Principal, Coyote Ridge Elementary – Dry Creek Elementary School Disttrict
- Vice Principal, Fruitridge Elementary School – Sacramento City Unified School District
- Director of Fiscal Services, Covina-Valley Unified School District
- Supervisory Committee, San Gabriel Credit Union
- Board Member, Credit Union of Southern California
- Vice Chairperson, Heritage Park Community – Rules and Regulations Advisory Committee
- Retiree Representative, California Association of School Business Officials
- Brandman University CTE Teaching Credential- Health and Medical Technology
- California State University- Sacramento (BA)
- Sacramento City College
- Manager, Education to Work Partnerships, Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Project Director, CAI Apprenticeship Support Network
- Senior Specialist, Workforce Development Services
- CTE Educator, Sacramento County Office of Education
- President and CEO, MD Medical & Mobility Products, Inc.
- Manager, William R. Dugdale M.D. Inc.
Jean-Paul Prentice, CCE, LEED AP
- State University of New York (BS)
- University of Southern Colorado (MBA)
- Lead Accredited Professional, US Green Building Council
- Project Manager
- Active Member, Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering
- PCI Parent (Three students at Sutter Peak Charter Academy)