Select Page
The wellness of all our students is a priority at PCI. The Wellness Team was created to assist students and families in navigating support within PCI, and resources out in the community, and offer a safe place to discuss needs/ concerns to improve the overall well-being and health of our students. We understand that wellness is very personal, so we have created multiple confidential levels of support for our students

  • School counselors are available to receive confidential discussions regarding your child and can elevate to our school psychologists as needed.
  • PCI Wellness Team made up of psychologists, school nurses, and school counselors
  • Wellness Referral Link that is confidential, may be completed anonymously and can be left by anyone in the PCI family with the ability to attach images and screenshots as needed.

If you and/ or your student are experiencing a psychiatric or medical emergency, please call 911 immediately. Any referrals completed over the weekend or after school hours will be addressed as soon as possible on the next school day.

Table with papers, glasses, coffer mug, a pen and a laptop on it

Need someone to check in with you or on a student? Fill out our wellness referral form.

Families In Transition (F.I.T.)

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Program / Families in Transition (F.I.T.) Program helps students in transitional living situations have equal access to a free public education. A child is considered in transitional living if they lack a “fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence”. This means any students living in shelters, in substandard housing, doubled up with friends or relatives because they have no other place to go and cannot afford a home. The other living arrangements included are single room hotels, cars, parks, public places, transitional affidavit. If a child qualifies under the McKinney-Vento homeless program, they need to contact Christine Spratling at 916-407-9633 to set-up an appointment for immediate help.

Children in the F.I.T. Program are guaranteed enrollment in school by The Federal McKinney-Vento Act and California State law if you live:

  • In a shelter (family, domestic violence, or youth shelter or transitional living program)
    In a motel, hotel or weekly rate housing
  • In a house or apartment with more than one family because of economic hardship or loss
  • In an abandoned building, in a car, at a campground, or on the street
  • In temporary foster care or with an adult who is not your parent or guardian
  • In substandard housing (without electricity, water, or heat)
  • With friends or family because you are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth

To enroll in or attend school if you live under any of these conditions, you do NOT need to immediately provide:

  • Proof of residency
  • Immunization records or tuberculosis skin-test results
  • School records
  • Legal Guardianship papers

You May

  • Participate fully in all school activities and programs for which you are eligible
  • Continue to attend the school in which you were last enrolled even if you have moved away from that school’s attendance zone or district
  • Receive transportation from your current residence back to your school or origin
  • Get assistance with referrals for shelter, food, medical, dental, and mental health services
  • Have access to school supplies at no cost
  • Contact the district liaison to resolve any disputes that arise during the enrollment process.
Share This