Welcome to HP! Please take a moment to read our monthly newsletter.
Make sure to check out the latest on our Counselor Corner!
May Sign-up Link
- Please DO NOT select more than 2 slots in a single day (this is one hour’s worth).
- Also, please be sure that YOU SIGN UP FOR NO MORE THAN 4 SLOTS IN A SINGLE SCHOOL WEEK. This means the maximum amount a student may book for tutoring in a week is 4 slots.
- Specify in the comments section of the signups what you will be working on (Example: Math homework, ELA paragraph, etc.).
- The description still says this signup is for in-person tutoring, but that is only for the students from Heritage Peak Vacaville. Virtual tutoring is still available for all students outside of the Vacaville site.
- If you have any questions or need to cancel, e-mail you tutor personally, or call the front office at 707-446-2506
YUP Tutoring is a 24/7/365 tutoring math platform via chat. Access YUP Tutoring here
May 5: Senior Class Breakfast
May 11: Last day for Middle School on-site classes
May 12: Last day for High School on-site classes
May 13: iFly – STEM Field Trip
May 16: Steeplechase Activity
May 18: Rivercats – Baseball Game
May 19: iFly – STEM Field Trip
May 20: Senior Field Trip – Six Flags
May 23: Graduation Ceremony
May 27: Last Day of the School Year
Please come out and attend Senior Breakfast on May 10th at 8:30am at the site in rooms 4 & 5. This is a great opportunity to celebrate your last semester of high school with your classmates and teachers/staff of HPCS!
RSVP with Mrs. Grzywinski in person or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steeplechase is a fun competition in which teams of students solve challenging puzzle-oriented problems. Collaboration and teamwork are the secrets to success! After the Steeplechase competition, we will have a pizza party for all.
When: Monday, May 16, 2022
Time: 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Andrews Park – We will meet in front of the performance stage, next to the play structure.
Who: 6th-12th grade students
Click here to RSVP by May 6th
PCI Counseling Meet our counselor, Mrs. Grzywinski!
The counseling department has a few updates and reminders for you all.
- Counselor Power Hour: Join us every Thursday at 2:00pm for Counselor Power Hour. (See this month’s schedule below) Students will have an opportunity to review career, college, and life skills with guest speakers and our school counselors. Students can join Power Hour via Clever by scrolling down to the counseling section and clicking on the Power Hour icon. You may also join by visiting: www.tinyurl.com/pcipowerhour
- Wellness Referral: Don’t forget that our wellness team is here and ready to support. Do you know a student who may be struggling? Notice that a student is going through a hard time and needs an extra person to check in? Please complete a wellness referral so that we may follow up as needed.
- Xello: Are you a high school student who is unsure of what you want to do after high school? Interested in various career fields but don’t know how to get there or what to research? Xello is for you! Xello has various search opportunities and a career matchmaker questionnaire that will help you prioritize what skills, resources, values you want to find in a career. You can access Xello through Clever, using single sign on. Contact your school counselor if you need more assistance.
- SENIORS! DON’T FORGET:
- FAFSA/ CA Dream Act (financial aid application) is DUE MARCH 2nd! That deadline is for priority funding, so get it completed ASAP. See the attachment for more opportunities to get assistance in completing the FAFSA or the CA Dream Act.
- Have you completed your senior survey and the diploma order form (diploma order form can be found at the end of the survey)? See your counselor for more details on how to submit those.
- Steps to Success: the California Student Aid Commission (Commission) notifies all California high school and college students of the annual free Steps to College Conference happening virtually on Saturday, February 5, 2022, from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
Power Hour Schedule for February:
- Thursday, February 3rd: Sac City College Representative
- Thursday, February 10th: FAFSA (Financial Aid Application) Review *special evening session at 6:30pm.
- Thursday, February 17th: University of Nevada, Reno Representative
- Thursday, February 24th: No session due to school break
As always, please feel free to contact your school counselor if you have any questions, concerns, or need support for your student.