Director: Leslie Leedy (Leslie.Leedy@pacificcharters.org)
- A Non-Profit Independent Charter School
- TK-12th Grades
- Serving since 2006
- Homeschool Support & Independent Study
- Resource Centers & Community-Based
- Accredited by Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Homeschooling provides families the freedom to explore and individualize curriculum based on different learning styles. A credentialed teacher meets with the family a minimum of every 20 school days. We provide generous student budgets and access to field trips, vendors, and activities. Rio Valley Charter School serves our homeschooling students in San Joaquin County through our Lodi Learning Center and in the community!
Independent study at our learning centers use a hybrid model of attendance to provide an alternative educational program for students who desire a change from traditional school programs. Students needs are matched with curriculum choice including onsite classes, online programs, textbooks, as well as our unique virtual classes. Our students often have a schedule resembling that of attending college. Actually, many of our student dual enroll in community college for free, counting classes for both programs while saving money and getting a leg upon college. Independent study is also an option for families who would like to homeschool, but they need or desire more teacher support. Our sites even offer free medical certification career classes… plus a whole lot more!
Click below to find out more on each option.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Accreditation:
- A passionate staff and it’s stakeholders are committed to student’s learning
- A Bi-Lingual Outreach Coordinator providing a great benefit to parents, community and staff
- Community partnerships that benefit the school, students and staff
- Student facilities that add greatly to student and staff accessing student programs that assist learning
- A wide variety of curricular learning is available to meet student’s academic needs
- Formed Home School ‘Co-Op’s’ to support parents and student’s learning needs
- Built student success with a foundation of collaboration between teachers,students and their parents
- Provides the ability to access technology that builds 21st century learners
- A variety of “Career Pathways” that are available to students
Active Member of California Charter Schools Association and Charter School Development Center
Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Registrar: Theresa Myers 866-992-9033 x 3051 FAX: 916-924-6670