West Sacramento Resource Center
Our West Sacramento Resource Center offers two distinct programs. Our K -12th grade hybrid program is designed for students to attend core subject classes on site as well as allowing the flexibility to work independently off campus. Our Headways Program offers struggling students the opportunity to recover credits via accelerated courses, allowing them to graduate with their peers. All of our students have access to onsite tutoring support.
HPCS West Sac offers:
- K – 12th grade independent study hybrid (two days a week on-site)
- Credit recovery Headways program
- Enrichment activities
- Multiple online resources available
- Access to our custom, innovative virtual (real time) courses
- College prep (A to G) pathway available
- Highly qualified credentialed teachers
Headways Credit Recovery Program:
12th and 11th grade credit deficient students can work in this fast paced program which allows them to earn their high school diploma.
How the Headways Program Works:
- 11th grade students who have 80 credits or less, and 12th grade students who have 120 credits or less are eligible.
- Students attend the resource center twice a week for three hours each time.
- Student/teacher meetings are scheduled and are the same days and times each week.
- The school year is broken up into six 6-week sessions. Each session is a HEX.
- Students take a maximum of four courses (a total of 20 credits) during each HEX.
- Teachers work with students and monitor their progress to help ensure success.
- On- site free tutoring is available daily on a drop-in basis.
- The curriculum consists of a hybrid of textbook and online classes.
- The expedited course work allows students to graduate on time, with their peers.
- Students participate in a full graduation ceremony in May.
840 Jefferson Blvd. West Sacramento, CA 95691
Ph. (916) 375-0401 Fax: (916) 375-0031